Monday, April 4, 2011

"R.I.P."


2 min silence please






 The other day my lap top died on me. I was hoping that it was only in a coma but alas not. Because it's a Mac I had to take it to a certified dealer but apparently its the mechanical bit of the hard drive and to replace it would be expensive. 


Damn it I only needed it to last until we return to Canada. I have been promised a cute little tablet thing, all singing all dancing , not quiet the Mac that I'm used too but then  I'm not exactly computer guru extraordinaire. There will still be one Mac in the family.


My lap top was second hand anyway, it was Mimi's originally , she went up market so I bought her old one. I can't grumble it did me proud but I really loved my Macbook.  Fortunately I didn't think there was anything on it that I would miss but I keep finding things....... like  the last 18 months worth of photos ( luckily all the others are on Stephen's computer) and email addresses , again some are on Stephens computer but it's just the hassle of it all. Ah well, onwards and upwards as they say. Spilt milk and all that .....


I will be using Stephen's lap top for  awhile. However  we realised that to put pictures on my blog I used Photoshop to reduce the size to make it easier for people reading it to open and Stephen's didn't have Photoshop as an programme. Consequently, what to do I considered thoughtfully in the style of Sherlock Holmes and like Sherlock it came to me..... buy a new programme you might think? Humph! way too obvious!? the answer go see my computer guru............... Jonna ........ and without further ado I am good to go again. Nudge, nudge ,wink wink.


I am now full of vim and vigour ,( slight untruth but close) and ready to blog yet again.......



































































































1 comment:

Mimi said...

Aww probecita! Hasta luego Gandolf.