Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 11 Saturday......Cincinnati and Columbus









I thought the Ya'lls were exclusive to the Texans until I saw this sign in Kentucky.??






I begin to wonder each morning when I get up, what problematic little gem the day is going to toss at us........... but it did take until 12.30 to raise its horrid little bounce.




However, the morning turned out quite boring .To begin  I got out of the bed on the wrong side and that's not easy in the motor home as there's only one side. My mood left much to be desired and of course Stephen got it in the neck from get go.I was tired and after my initial venomous outbursts I settled down to a good old sulk.This of course is perfect for Stephen while I'm sulking he is free of an ear bashing.


Around ten I was needing coffee. I was needing it before but I had refused the offer deciding I would rather  suffer in silence. Stephen was just thankful of the silence. This kind off cut my nose off to spite my face as Stephen stopped for a 'to go' cup.


So by ten o'clock I really needed coffee but was determined that it wouldn't be in a McDonalds.


The Crackerbarrel Store between
Louisville and Cincinatti.
As it happened we came across a  The Cracker Barrel Store which we had heard about from our American friends Sheri and Mike. What a delight that place was.Great food, great atmosphere, great service. I can't rave about it enough and the place was heaving with people all out for Saturday morning breakfast.


I came out of there a different person. Fed and watered and ready to start the day again.


So if you have a dog
riding a bike, it's o.k then?


As we neared Cincinnati we were seeing those digital sins telling us there were delays for up to an hour due to road works. They meant nothing to us. We had no idea if the road works would be on our stretch of the road or after our turn off so all we could do was plod blindly on.








Yes of course it was on our stretch of the road! 2 hours we were stuck in traffic..... 
2 flipping hours I ask you ?




Still there was a nice surprise airing for us. Cincinatti itself. We went through the heart of it and around the suburbs to get to the I 71. I loved the look of it.

Cincinnati had lots of very modern looking buildings  and it appeared to be spotlessly clean . As I might add did most of the America we have travelled through. The outskirts of the city were so picturesque and quite nostalgic looking in appearance. Quaint buildings and mowed lawns. Very U.S of A.  





Here's Mr Houdini
And Miss Hannah Bananah















2 comments:

Nan said...

It does look nice - as does the Cracker Barrel Restaurant. Looks as if Hannah is planning on driving. Does Stephen let you drive?
Not too long to go now, compared to what has gone before.

Anonymous said...

Well damn,I should have started reading earlier,I would have sent our phone numbers,as we are just outside of Cleveland,especially if you guys had any more breakdowns...or we could have fed you!!!! Tacos or something...LOL!
Keep writing..this is VERY entertaining!!!! And I see that Hanna, the dog that WASN'T going...is enjoying her journey!!!Good luck as you "carry on"
Dany and George