Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 8 Wednesday..Hi Y'all



Sunrise







Last night was the worst motel yet. Really icky. We parked the r.v right outside the door and  left the animals in the r.v. I think they like it better in there especially Barney the cat. He always try to get out of the room when we take him in anyway.


I usually leave some windows open. They have fly screens on them anyway so I thought he was safe. I went to open the door to the r.v to take Hannah for her morning constitutional when who should greet me from under the camper but Barney or Mr Houdini as he is now called. He has figured out that the screens slide  back just like the ones we had  in the house. Clever cat but worrying non the less.

One cool cat










Remember on our trip down we had a plank for him to come and go as he pleased It  rested  up to the side to the quarter light. He loved it. I must find another plank.












San Antonio 8am
Well last night was spent just outside San Antonio. Everyone says it is a lovely place but alas we are not on a sightseeing trip.


Tonight we are in a camp ground called East Texas Campground. It sounds plusher than it is. But it does the trick and it's only $20.00
                                                               


Travelling has been.......... now how shall I say this without harping on about it............no I have to harp on about it.......... Hot and flipping' humid. According to the weather report it is going to stay this way all across the easternish part  of America and for the whole if the time we are travelling. Now aren't we  the lucky ones. ( grouchy enough for you Debi?) Out of the frying pan into the fire springs to mind.Or out of the Yucatan and into Texas.


By the way Sarge you may wish to know that you have been with me in spirit over every inch of Texas......For those who don't know Sarge he does a mean rendition  ( Kareoke style ) of 'All my ex's live in Texas' ( it's a stupid Texan country song ) the trouble is I can't get the damn song out of my brain being in Texas and all.Thanks Sarge.


Oh and another thing, I am surrounded by Ya'lls..... ya'll having a nice day. Ya'll doing o.k.




Toll road ...empty!
Explain this to us......... this is for the Texans out there or anyone who might know the answer I guess. What does it mean when the sign on the toll road says....TX Tag or Cash or pay by mail?


We never did find out and just carried on down the ... pay by mail lane. Never did pay, never anywhere to pay!






It  brings back a memory of my friend Sophia in Chelem ( a Texan! oh well, no one's perfect ) trying to take the mick out of Canadians for saying Eh after every sentence ( slight exaggeration)......... and I said well it's just as bad as y'all Texans saying ya'll. Well it isn't just as bad....... it's worse...... Sorry my Texas friends but   these yawls  are driving me bonkers.











There were more churches than I could count.
































Long distance information give me Memphis Tennessee......... Tennessee tomorrow !















3 comments:

casa rosa said...

So glad y'all are doin well. We had a Texan bingo caller this week (Jack) very funny!!! Miss y'all very much and make sure y'all have a nice day now xxxxxx

Mic said...

Wow! San Antonio traffic looks like LA at rush hour.

So happy you made it thru the border without catching bullets....or loosing Barney.

tmiller said...

Too bad you didnt stop in San Antonio. Terri and I were there in March and it was a great city to visit. So having said that.."Have a beauty day Eh!" Cheers
Dusty